What is goAML?
goAML is an integrated and modular online software solution specifically designed by the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) for use by Financial Intelligence Units (FIUs) throughout the world. The data sent by the accountable persons goes to a common database and becomes accessible to Financial Intelligence Authority (FIA) compliance and analysis staff. The goAML system then permits data analysis. goAML processes and analyzes high volumes of reports on suspicious transactions or cash transactions of any kind.
The reports are fully populated with all the information needed for analysis beginning from full customer details to transactional details for multiple time frames. The system also permits electronic data collection from accountable persons and competent authorities and dissemination to Law Enforcement Agencies and competent authorities.
Suspicious Transaction Reports (STRs) have hitherto been received in paper format by the FIA. The manual submission of such reports makes analysis and collation of data difficult to obtain meaningful financial intelligence information for dissemination. With goAML is place, FIA will no longer accept paper reports and all reporting entities must submit reports using goAML.
To access the goAML system, please click the link; https://goaml.fia.go.ug/goAMLTST/Home
Visit FIA’s main website for further information and links to user documents and how-to videos.
Register to use goAML
Prior to being able to submit an STR online for the first time, the Accountable persons nominates a Money Laundering Control Officer (MLCO) to be the contact person for purposes of managing the goAML account. The MLCO must register his/her entity on the FIA’s website
For more information about how to register, please use this link goAML Web Registration Guide for the text guide or click the video link to watch a video. Once the registration has been completed, FIA will authorize each reporting entity as a user of goAML and STRs and Large Cash Transaction Reports (LCTRs) can then be submitted electronically to the FIA.
How to submit reports using goAML
Please note that while you will receive an automatic acknowledgement when an STR or LCTR is accepted by the FIA. After this acknowledgement, periodic feedback as to the status of each STR or LCTR will cease. If the FIA needs to communicate with the MLCO on individual reports, this will be done via the secure message board.
If you need help with goAML
If you have any difficulties with the registration process or with the electronic submission of STRs, you can email the FIA at email@example.com outlining the specific problem(s) and a member of the FIA team will revert with assistance. In urgent matters, direct contact should be made by telephoning the FIA at +256414231556
Additional goAML features
- Secure submission of STRs.
- Electronic receipts for submitted STRs.
- Message board - goAML features a message board that will allow a reporting entity to communicate directly and securely with the FIA.
- Trends, typologies or alerts - The FIA will use the message board to share information on various money laundering & terrorist financing trends and typologies resulting from the analysis of STRs, etc. In the event that reporting entities need to be quickly alerted concerning particular suspicious/fraudulent activities identified from STRs, this can be done via the message board.
- Statistics - goAML contains a feature which allows for reporting entities to maintain statistics on data of interest such as the number of STRs that they have submitted to the FIU, etc.
Quick links to guides and videos
- goAML User Guide
- Quick Reference Guide
- goAML Web Registration Guide
- Register as Reporting Entity video
- Submitting a report video