What We Do
The objectives of the Authority are to—
- enhance the identification of the proceeds of crime and the combating of money laundering & terrorism financing
- ensure compliance with this Anti-Money Laundering Act 2013 (as amended)
- enhance public awareness and understanding of matters related to money laundering, terrorism financing and proliferation financing.
- make information collected by available to competent authorities and to facilitate the administration and enforcement of the laws of Uganda; and
- exchange information with similar bodies whose countries have treaties, agreements or arrangements with the Government of Uganda regarding money laundering and similar offences.